The 34th Sportsworld Terenure 5 Mile Race
13th May 2018 11am – walkers start at 10.40am
Entry €20 + €1.40 transaction fee
Pre-race registration and post race refreshments!
How do I enter?
NOTE: 2016 and 2017 RACE SOLD OUT!
The race is open to Men and Women aged 18 years and older.
The race caters for everyone from Elite Club Runners, to Joggers and Walkers.
You can enter online for with our Race Entry partner, Primo Events:
Entries cost €20 plus online booking fee of €1.40 with Primo Events.
If the 1,500 entries do not sell out beforehand Entry on the day will cost €25 with no technical running t-shirt. Note the race sold out weeks in advance in 2016 and 2017.
Race Number and t-shirt collection
Race Number and T-Shirt collection will take place on three occasions before the race start.
Sportsworld Clubhouse for early Friday and Saturday collection
Friday evening 11th May 2018
Sportsworld Running Club Clubhouse in Bushy Park, Templeogue Road, Terenure located beside the Tennis Courts 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Saturday afternoon the day before the race 12th May 2018
Sportsworld Running Club Clubhouse in Bushy Park, Templeogue Road, Terenure located beside the Tennis Courts 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
Sunday morning before the race 13th May 2018
Gymnasium of Our Lady’s School from 9.00am to 10.30am.
Race Entrants get a lot for their money!
- A high quality technical t-shirt
- Free race photo’s will be on Facebook after the race.
- Race Pace Makers from Sportsworld Running Club to follow for 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 minute finishes
- Chip Timing – Your time will be accurately recorded by a chip on your race number
- Thousands of Euro’s in prize fund
- Numerous Spot Prizes
- AAI Approved Race
- Free post race refreshments
- A fantastic finish gantry
- A fast flat course
- Lots of cheering on Lap 2
- A closed road route
- A rare chance to run the roads of Terenure Dublin
- A huge sense of Pride and Achievement
Date and Time
Sunday 13th of May 2018 at 11.00am.
Walkers start earlier at 10.40am
Yes there is chip timing attached to your race number.
Results will be posted afterwards on the My Run Results website.
We do not operate an official baggage drop area but many runners do leave a bag in the Race HQ (Our Ladys School Gymnasium).
We do not take responsibility for any items left on the premises during the race.
There are two water stations.
One at two miles (The Two Sisters Pub) and one after finish line.
- 1st male and female €400 and trophy each
- 2nd male and female €250 and trophy each
- 3rd male and female €150 and trophy each
- 4th male and female €100 each
- 5th male and female €50 each
- 1st male and female senior team €200 for the team and team trophy
- 2nd male and female senior team €100 for the team and team trophy
Masters (Over 40)
- 1st male and female masters team €160 for the team and team trophy
- 2nd male and female masters team €80 for the team and team trophy
- In all the age categories there is a trophy for 1st and 2nd male and female
Over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 years old
There will also be numerous Spot Prizes on the day.
There are toilet and changing rooms available in the Gymnasium of Our Ladys School.
Any items left here during the race is at the competitors risk.
- There is no parking available at race HQ.
- On street parking is available in the surrounding roads and housing estates.
- We encourage our competitors to walk, cycle, use public transport or car pool.
Here is a link for;
Templeogue Road Dublin Bus Timetables
Remember Sunday bus service times differ from weekday
Can anyone join Sportsworld Running Club?
Yes Sportsworld Running Club accepts new members all year round.
New members first do a two week free trial at the Club to see if it is for them.
If at the end of the two weeks they wish to join the Annual Membership is;
New members fees:
-Joining any date between January 1st and June 30th: €115 (includes a club race singlet)
-Joining any date between July 1st and September 30th: €85 (includes a club race singlet)
-Joining any date between October 1st and December 31st: €55 (includes a club race singlet)
Note: All memberships expire on Dec 31st. Renewal is then €90 per annum due in January.
To start a two week trial just turn up on a Tuesday or Thursday night and ask for Emily Dowling or Myles Nugent. A committe memb
There are no refunds for those who do not run.
But rest assured our charity partner will appreciate your contribution.
Are walkers welcome?
Yes of course. Walkers start the race before the main field at 10.40am
Last year we had a large number of walkers who start before the main field and covered the route on the Footpaths.
Please use the footpaths for safety so as not to cause any collisions with runners.
The Civil Defence will have medical personnel and an ambulance stationed at the start and finish.
There will also be a rapid response cyclist with cardiac difibulator available on the day.
The course is on public roads, one half of which will be closed to traffic.
Stewards will be in attendance at all junctions and Gardai will also be at strategic points around the course.
Participants will be separated from any traffic by cones in all instances.
The course has been measured by an international course measurer supplied by Athletics Ireland.
There will be mile markers on the course.
To contact us email: